Friday, January 12, 2007

Become the light

In 2007 -- Become the light

January 4, 2007

This is my new journal. I am hoping to use it in opening a dialogue with friends and in sharing ideas and insights on the many events, trends, and absurdities that are taking place these days.

I have chosen my first journal entry on a hopeful and a positive note. No matter how bad things might have become, it is still in our hands to make them better. To whom much is given much is obliged. The givens are many, let's make now the time to do the right thing.

I want to wish you a very happy new year and to wish you a 2007 that elevates all of us to the best that we have to offer. My wish in 2007 and the many years to come is that we become the person we look up to, that we do unto others the things we like done unto us, that we continuously feel the joy of evolving from one plain to a higher one. May all of us become the light!

“No mirror ever became iron again;
No bread ever became wheat;
No ripened grape ever became sour fruit.
Mature yourself and be secure from a change for the worse.
Become the light.”
Rumi

No comments: